We’re very pleased to announce that Methods has achieved additional certification to the UK government’s https://www.cyberessentials.ncsc.gov.uk/getting-certified/ plus certification.
Jointly developed by the UK government and cybersecurity industry, the Cyber Essentials scheme defines a baseline standard of security controls for businesses in the UK. It outlines the controls that all organisations should implement to help mitigate risks from common internet-based threats.
Cyber Essentials plus concentrates on five key areas:
- Securing end to end connectivity to the internet through appropriate management of boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- The secure configuration of software and devices used within the business
- Strong access control to data and services used by the organisation
- effective processes and mechanisms for protecting against viruses and other malware
- Effective patch management to ensure devices and software are up to date
Raza Sharif, Methods’ Head of Cyber Security commented, “Our independently verified security plus certification is now another step on our journey of continuous security improvement and adds a level of external, independently verifiable assurance that we have effective measures to help protect our systems and services.”